Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Walking home from school today, and talking about her day. She says, "do you think you could forget to pack me a lunch one day?"

I am laughing, and ask her why. She says "my teacher has this basket of snacks and stuff, for when anyone forgets their lunch."

So I say, "you don't just plan to forget your lunch," and she says, "well what about just forgetting my snack one day this week?". I tell her no.

She frowns, and grumbles to me "you're NEVER gonna forget my lunch."

Of all the things to be blamed for hey?

Posted by Lee at 5:15 PM |

4 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
That totally cracked me up!!! (PS I can only post a comment as anonymous)

Family of Five
 


At September 13, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger jewels said........
Kids say the darndest things!
I too have a basket like that - and yes - it is taken advantage of - but NOT by kids - BY PARENTS!

I'm sorry - but when you drive up in your Escalade and with a smoke hanging out of your mouth and nicer shoes then me and CLAIM that you have NO money to feed your child - well FRICK - there's a problem. It's too bad PARENTS abuse the system b/c teachers just get bitter and stop their generosity all together.
(Yes - this is a vent!)
 


At September 13, 2006 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
She is just too funny, She's so clever I know she'll come up with a way to 'conveniently' forget it herself :)
~Rose
 


At September 13, 2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
That's funny. My boy asked the same thing....

jenn