Saturday, September 09, 2006
When I was 12, I went to a friends sleepover birthday party. I don't remember anything about it, but one thing. The movie we watched. That movie changed my life. I have never forgotten it. The title?

ARACHNOPHOBIA

I am such a freak when it comes to spiders. Some things that come to mind are-
one time, as a teenager, I was home alone. I seen a spider creeping across the floor. What did I do? I "called a friend." Yep. He came over and dealt with it.
I can't bring myself to killing them. Don't confuse me with someone who feels bad for stepping on spiders, I just can't muster up the courage to do it.
Every morning, when I open up my front door to walk to school, I grab a shoe and wave it up and down in front of me so I don't walk into a web. When I come home at night, I do the same thing.
If I am working out in the yard, I do the same thing. I grab a stick and wave it all around the areas where spiders would be. I probably look like a freak.
I have not great eyesight, but for some reason, I have this ultra sensitive "spider radar" I will be looking straight ahead, and see one out of the corner of my eye.
Another thing I have so often, are dreams. I have woken up in the middle of jumping out of bed, thinking there's a spider on my pillow. Or like the other night I steamrolled over my DH like an insane woman, because I thought a spider was coming down from the ceiling on a web directly in front of my eyes. Lately, once I am up and out of bed, I realize that I am dreaming, but I used to make him turn on the light and search the bed. It always seems so real to me.
Well, that's my spider story.

Posted by Lee at 10:08 PM |

7 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
You are CRAZY! I do agree spiders are not my favorite things. You forgot to mention your Bee problem as well. I love the window down and enjoying the breeze blowing my hair and I know that is not a option when we are together in your car going out....just in case a bee flies in. Hey speaking of going out.... I have a "passion party" to go to on the 23rd. I am instructed to bring a friend... are you interested?

T
 


At September 10, 2006 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I remember that birhtday party at Brittany's really well. For some reason I was there with you. That movie scared the crap out of me too. I also hate spiders to this day but I have to say that my biggest fear is snakes and bees.
Tweetybird
 


At September 10, 2006 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I am TERRIFIED of Birds!!! When we were walking through a park and found ourselves in a swarm of birds... I cried... terrified bawling.... I closed my eyes and my hubby carried me out!

Family of Five
 


At September 10, 2006 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I have had the exact same thing happen while lying in bed seeing a not so real spider lowering itself towards me. I paniced and sent my hubby flying. I also wave sticks and shoes around the yard myself. So there you go... you are not alone in this crazy spider fear.

Jenn
 


At September 10, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger jewels said........
I thought that I was the only person who had the spider coming down from the ceiling dream! Frick it scares me and I don't mind spiders - but when they are coming down from the ceiling and are ready to land of my face - the light goes on and I freak out!
Lee - spiders are our friends - without them your house would be infested with insects! Have you hugged a spider today! LOL!
 


At September 10, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Ej said........
I am soooo with you! My fear is wasps, bees, hornets - anything that bites or stings and buzzzzzzzzes around! Everyone makes fun of me for my wild crazy dance when one comes near me - I even accidently smacked a friends baby once when a wasp tried to attack me! I felt soooo bad - Ej the baby hitter! I am not so bad with spiders though. R runs and screams like a girl when he sees one so somebody has to deal with them. So I deal with spiders and he deals with wasps.
 


At September 10, 2006 9:14 PM, Blogger L&D said........
You'll know from recent blog entries of mine that I am extremely afraid of spiders as well. We really should start a support group.