Tuesday, August 29, 2006
My first job ever, was in a coffee shop. I was 16, and super excited. I met my dear friend there, and I met my hubby there. It is no longer a coffee shop, but going in there tonight was so weird. I could picture several different times, and conversations that happened there.

Pulling into the parking lot, I parked in my "old spot", and walking in the door, man it was so cool.

I can remember standing at the sandwich bar, making the world's best pannini's, the sound of the Lexa, steaming the milk, the grinder thing pacting the esspresso down. Making 'brown cows', creamosa's, and cinnimon buns that sold for $2.25.

For grad, I got accrylic nails, and I told all who I worked with that "I could no longer do dishes..." that went over well.

I member 'loving life' coming in for lunch on her breaks from working at the bank.

I remember telling TD that I was pregnant while we made pesto sauce.

I remember being super annoyed at my future hubby, he absolutely drove me nuts. The way he would mop, he'd dump all the water on the floor, because it "softened the dirt..." LAME. It made me so mad. I actually asked my boss not schedule me with him!!! Funny how things turn out.

I remember standing at the till, preggers with my FB, and my tummy leaning on the counter, and she would be kicking against it.

I remember sitting with tweety and ML, and 2 of us had recently had our babies, and tweety was still pregnant.

I remember going down for the best cheapest bacon, eggs and toast, and I also have fond memories puking in the bathroom. (baaaad morning sickness)

I remember my DH and sitting down with our boss, telling her we were pregnant, and getting married, and she said "don't do it. You will NEVER last, there's no way it will work." (encouraging hey?? Here's looking at 8 years coming up!!) HA HA

A1 on the juke box was "don't worry, be happy"

There was such a close knit group we worked with, you could go down there anytime, and hang out with whoever was working.

Ok, well it was so great reminiscing, sorry if I bored you all to death.

Posted by Lee at 8:50 PM |

5 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Becka said........
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 


At August 30, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Jennifer said........
I loved those panini sandwiches! Didn't go in too frequently, but it was a cozy place. By the way, awesome for you and FD, eight years and running :)
 


At August 30, 2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
GOOD TIMES BUDDY!!!!
LOVE TD
 


At August 31, 2006 12:27 AM, Blogger L&D said........
Awww. What a sweet walk down memory lane. I actually really enjoyed this post. I'm so glad you have such fond memories....especially with those of your dear husband. (wow, I actually typed "dear" as "dead" accidentally. Whew. Good think I re-read this...that could have been awkward). I wish you and I had been closer at that time in your life. I think I missed out on seeing you blossom into a beautiful mother and wife.
 


At August 31, 2006 9:45 AM, Blogger heidi said........
i remember it all so well "there's this new guy at work and i can't STAND him! he drives me NUTS and i hate being on the same shift as him!" aww, so happy that you're still driving each other nuts :)