Sunday, September 03, 2006
My SB came running in from outside today, in total "state of emergency" mode. Tears and bellowing like something was REALLY truly wrong.

I run to him, and pick him up, consoling him. I ask him what happened, and he says "a bee... a bee stung me!" I felt so sad for him, and asked him where he got stung. He points to an area on his forehead, while continuing to cry. There was a tiny little mark there, that looked nothing even close to a sting. I ask him if he seen a bee, he said yes.

I cuddle him some more, and deceide to ask him again, "where did the bee sting you baby?" He continues with his wailing, pausing only to say, "in my eye."

Hmm. For some reason, I start to doubt my own son. "Honey," I said, "I really don't think you got stung in the eye."

He goes on to tell me with all the drama he can muster, that surely that bee stung him in the eye.

I ask him again.

"where did you get stung?"

He looks at his hands, and points to yet ANOTHER spot.

So I call him on it. I say, "but you said it stung you on your head, and now you say in your eye AND on your arm?"

He tells me so naturally, "I changed my mind."

Turns out, he was sent inside for a 'timeout', and thought his options would be better if he feigned a bee sting!

Posted by Lee at 11:25 PM |

4 Comments:

At September 04, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger L&D said........
OH my word! Boys. I can't get over it. That is so funny.
 


At September 04, 2006 9:22 AM, Blogger Jennifer said........
Oh the drama! Boys will come up with anything creative to get out of a timeout!
 


At September 04, 2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Meredith said........
I guess my kids are too young to come up with that. At what age does that start?
 


At September 04, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Ej said........
Is this what I have to look forward to?