Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I have been working about 4 shifts a week at the pub, and am strictly a 'bartender' now. How crazy, if someone would have said 2 months ago that this is what I would be doing, I would have laughed, and called them CRAZY with a capital C! Its true, of all the little jobs I have had, and there have been a few (barrista, retail, bookkeeper, sunday school teacher, slot attendant, housekeeper) this is by far the funnest one.
I am hoping to try my hand at serving, as that is where the money is. I had one shift, a day shift, on a slow day, and I liked it. Hopefully I will get more.

The late nights are ok, but the early mornings after the late nights are really hard. I am looking forward to summer where my mornings can be more relaxed without having to get Liv off to school.

Summer, I am trying to figure out what fun inexpensive things to do for the kids. Maybe a VBS? I dont know, the kids that go sometimes I think are the parents who want to ship there kids out for a bit. We'll see. I dont know about just randomly finding a church for that either.

Liv and Fern tested for their next belt level last Sunday. They did well.

I need to get outside and do yardwork. My weeds are competing with my long grass, and its a near tie.

Posted by Lee at 11:16 PM |

5 Comments:

At July 03, 2008 2:18 PM, Blogger L&D said........
Wow, bartending! I can totally see you shaking those martini's like it's outta style. Must have you over to create for me some delicious concoction!
 


At July 09, 2008 8:18 AM, Blogger jewels said........
Good for you lady - I bartended - I LOVED it!!
And you should get some tips from the servers - right?
 


At July 09, 2008 7:18 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
what pub?
 


At July 10, 2008 10:38 PM, Blogger Lee said........
sistos!!!!
 


At July 19, 2008 10:15 PM, Blogger Rob, Lisa & Ryken John said........
Bartending! Fun!!! Serving is great for tips. I loved it! We'll have to come visit you one night.