Sunday, December 03, 2006
Today was great. It started out with my karate class, then an hour later Liv had hers, then half an hour later I had my yellow belt test, then as soon as that was over Liv tested for her green belt. Six hours at the dojo today! Boy I must have good kids...

So about my very first grading. It was challenging! Not the actual part I had to do alone, but the physical fitness part. Holy. He said, "at these gradings, we like to push you all to the point where you wanna quit, but persevere". The thought of "what in Carnation's sake am I doing in karate???" came across my mind way more than once! I watched the higher belts and thought, "I am never gonna be able to do that stuff", and I think that is one of the things I love the most. I have NEVER been challenged like this in my life!!

Liv did excellent, as always I am very proud of all she has accomplished.


This picture was from today, our first time grading together!



Posted by Lee at 8:22 PM |

7 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said........
Congrats Lee and Liv! So Lee, did you get your yellow belt then?
By the way, Lee call me!
 


At December 03, 2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Lee said........
I find out this week or next...
 


At December 03, 2006 9:17 PM, Blogger Family Of Five said........
You guys are so cute!
 


At December 04, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Rob, Lisa & Ryken John said........
way to go lee. Your hard work inspires me.
 


At December 04, 2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Danna said........
Congrats to both of you!
 


At December 04, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Ej said........
Next time we stay in Vancouver you can be our security person ;-) Congratulations for getting this far!
 


At December 05, 2006 5:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said........
What happened to your goal of blogging every day Lee??? Lol.