Friday, December 01, 2006
Well here I am, have just blog surfed, on all of your sites, not a heck of a lot new. I can't believe it's December 1st today. My kids are dying to break out their chocolate calendars. I am thankful that school is back on, what a week, with no piano/karate or cardio for any of us. Lots of scrabble playing, tons of playing Sorry, Liv's new game. Some mindless things I have done this week:

1- I manged to do quite a few scrapbook pages, and looking at the completed pages once they are in my album, I realized that I had just done a complete repeat page with like 8 pictures that I had already done. Seriously, what an idiot. That is not even the first time I have done that...

2- I thought I would some online Christmas shopping, and came across the game Scrabble on sale. I thought, "what a great game for Liv". She really excels in her reading and writing, so I debated on whether or not to get Scrabble Junior or regular. The junior version starts at age 5 & up, and so I decided that it would probably be tooo simple, and so ordered the regular version. Acouple hours later Fern tells me that we already have Scrabble. Hmm. Nice. So we brought it out, and she loves it. So now I can cross Christina off my Christmas list, we will give it to her, and maybe it will help with her English. Maybe she will feel better to leave comments once in a while if she practises using new words...

I normally like to do the tree on the first weekend of December, but this is going to be one of those crazy years. My little bear is in that lovely stage of getting into EVERYTHING! I feel like I say "Brody, no...." soooo often. The blinds, the DVD shelf, the TV... So I am in no rush this year. Maybe we'll be like Heidi's family and put it up like on Christmas Eve.

I will leave this post with a picture or two of Christmases past...



Decorating the tree with brand knew Brody.



Santa Liv and Uncle Jamie



2 Christmases ago.

Posted by Lee at 5:36 AM |

8 Comments:

At December 01, 2006 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Come on get in the spirit and get your tree up!!!!

(((smile)))
 


At December 01, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger heidi said........
you're mean. poor christina. and, FOR YOUR INFORMATION, we are getting our tree TOMORROW. so there.
 


At December 01, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Tina said........
Well....now you've goaded me into leaving a comment; but hear ye, it is not a happy one! first of all, I am NOT putting a Christmas tree up AT ALL this year, and my entire family is not until Chrtistmas eve, as we have always done...hurts, doesn't it? Second of all, it had better b Scrabble in Deutsch, as I refuse to open any other version, and will re-gift it to u in the future....Or maybe they have a dyslexic version, hmmmmmm Lee.....?
All in good fun my friend until someone starts to cry,

(luv u)
 


At December 01, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Tina said........
PS-and thank u Heidi for getting my back on this one , may i just say that u honestly look gorgeous pregnant and I am VERY jealous, and the bigger u r getting the better it looks. I think being pregnant is the most beautiful thing and i can't wait (w. Mr.Rite of course, if he ever decides to show), and I want to look just like u, so don't feel fat! I wish i was.....
 


At December 01, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer said........
Hmm, I think I'll stay neutral and say that you posted cute pictures Lee. Can you believe that Brody was that small last year? Crazy how fast they grow up.
 


At December 01, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Family Of Five said........
I will stick neutral like Jen. My girl has always been into everything. I was so worried last year about our tree but she did surprisingly well. We shall see this year. Cute pictures! Thanks for the reminder about the chocolate calendars... I totally forgot!
 


At December 02, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Meredith said........
I too am VERY affriad of tree climbing toddlers. How many times can you say 'no, don't, stop, and dont' touch?' between when it goes up and when you take it down?
Next year Heidi my love you will know PRECISLY what we are taking about. :)
 


At December 04, 2006 6:54 PM, Blogger Mandy said........
NOW I remember your brother!!! hahaha