Thursday, April 05, 2007
"fitness week" at the dojo equals 1 very very VERY sore me.
Between Sunday and today, I have done 3100+ jumping jacks. That is on top off all the other stuff. Next week is "push up week", and I don't mean the bra type ;)

Liv has joined track and field, and I cant believe her ambition. Yesterday after school there was a long distance run, and she wanted to do it. The youngest was a few grade 4 kids, and then her. I didn't want to send her off, and not know how far she could run, and have the group have to wait - so...
yup. I ran it too.
I haven't ran in probably 10 years. Seriously. I hate running. But I did it! I walked a bit for sure, but it felt like a mini challenge, that I did! I don't know the distance, except to say that its the Terry Fox route.
We did one lap, and the teacher sort of said to Liv, "you did great! Thanks for coming, we meet again tomorrow." They were going to do one more lap, and assumed she would pass on it.
Not my child!! She ran a second one! I on the other hand, bowed out gracefully, and met her at the finish.
What a trooper. She is doing it AGAIN TODAY. On top of her also having Fitness week at karate, she has done more jumping jacks than I have!!!

Posted by Lee at 2:13 PM |

3 Comments:

At April 06, 2007 7:24 AM, Blogger L&D said........
Look at you guys....you active little Brady Bunch. Good for you.

I feel your pain as I am back at the gym in attempt to get bikini ready.

Ya. Gag.

That's all I have to say about that.
 


At April 06, 2007 8:07 AM, Blogger shari said........
WTG mom!!
 


At April 06, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger heidi said........
so, leah, i'm expecting pictures of you in a BIKINI this summer, showing of all of your toned-ness. me, the closest thing to a bikini i'll be wearing is capris :)