Monday, April 30, 2007
sooo, last Wednesday morning, I look at the clock, and realized it was 10 minutes past the start of Bens swim lesson. I was super annoyed at myself for forgetting.
He has these classes the same two mornings every week.

Fast forward to this morning, I was fairly organized, and then things started to go down hill from there. All of a sudden, we were tight for time. We all get out the door, I throw Brody in the buggy, no shoes, but that was OK, I was coming right home after.

I was enjoying the short walk from the school, casually waving at friends driving by... (I am hyping this up a little)

I get into our driveway, and that's when it hits me! His lesson! Starts in 10 minutes. I throw Brody and Ben into the van, run in the house and grab his swimsuit. Of course I can't find his earplugs, I checked EVERYWHERE too.

I go to the van, and I admit I was feeling stressed. After a frustrating conversation, we found them, and left the house.

We get there, and lessons started 5 minutes ago. We slam him into his suit, and struggle to get his plugs in, and walk out to the deck.

I cant find his class. I don't see his teacher either.

I went over to a group, asked the instructor if he by chance was subbing today, and no. I go over to the other end, see a group with a teacher, and told Ben to jump in, and join his class.
His teacher says, "hey there buddy, whats your name?"
That's when I realized that this wasn't his class either.

So, I guess when I missed last class, I didn't realize, it was his LAST one.

and so, all the struggle to get that sweet child to his lesson - for nothing. I was sweating!

Ben was so cute he says, "that's OK Mum, now we can go on our date!!"

Posted by Lee at 1:31 PM |

8 Comments:

At April 30, 2007 2:48 PM, Blogger Danna said........
"We slam him into his suit..." You have such a way with words, Lee! That's hilarious, I love it! Well, it sounds like you had quite the day. I hope that it gets better.
 


At April 30, 2007 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
You forgot the part about already chucking him in the pool and having to go through all that!! ;) One of those days....
 


At April 30, 2007 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
oops just re-read and saw that you had him jump in...sorry :)
 


At April 30, 2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Christina said........
So u...
 


At May 01, 2007 3:59 PM, Blogger L&D said........
Ok, I'm pretty hooked on facebook too. I'll admit it.
 


At May 01, 2007 6:40 PM, Blogger Nicci said........
that has happened to me a few times. I swear my brain is mush.
 


At May 02, 2007 9:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer said........
Just chuck it up to one of those bad Mom days.
 


At May 02, 2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Lovella ♥ said........
so funny. That boy is just hilarious. I love his ability to just come up with a one liner. just perfect.